HowTo Document - 25.07.2001
The ATG Dynamo application Server influenced the J2EE™ standard quite heavily. This page answers questions on the deployment of J2EE™ applications on the ATG Dynamo application server in the version 5.0.
First, the HowTo document introduces the reader to the general structure of J2EE™ applications. Especially the file archives and the roles of various persons during the deployment are introduced.
Next, some specialities of the ATG Dynamo Application Server are presented. Especially the deployment of J2EE™ applications utilizing the command line tool "Darina" will be explained.
The index helps to understand the topics covered in this 14-pages document.
- 1. Overview of J2EE™ Deployment
- 1.1. Deployment Descriptors
- 1.2. Archive Files
- 1.2.1 Web Archives - WAR
- 1.2.2 Enterprise Java™ Bean Archives - EJB JAR
- 1.2.3 Application Client Archives - AppClient JAR
- 1.2.4 Enterprise Application Archvies - EAR
- 1.3. Roles involved in the deployment process
- 1.3.1 Application Component Provider (ACP)
- 1.3.2 Application Assembler (AA)
- 2. Deployment process
- 2.1. ATG specific extensions
- 2.1.1 ATG module extensions
- 2.1.2 ATG specific J2EE™ extensions
- 2.2. ATG's deployment tool Darina
- 2.3. Deploying an unpacked application
- 2.3.1 a possible directory structure
- 2.3.2 running ATG's deployment tool Darina
- 2.4. Deploying an application in EAR format
- 2.4.1 running ATG's deployment tool Darina
- 2.5. Starting ATG Dynamo with deployed application
- 2.6. Summary of ATGs J2EE™ deployment process using TogetherSoft ControlCenter
- 3. References